Google Has a Secret Interview Process… And It Landed At Least One Programmer a Job

A Mysterious Invitation From Google

During a random search for a solution to a coding problem Max encountered a mysterious invitation from Google. Max blogged about his experience and recalls,
"I Googled [python lambda function list comprehension.] The familiar blue links appeared, and I started to look for the most relevant one. But then something unusual happened."
And what did happen next and over the course of the next three months seems to be something out of a Matrixesque science fiction story. The screen of his browser folded back and revealed a cryptic message
"You're speaking our language. Up for a challenge?"
was all it said. With three options to continue.
"I want to play", "No Thanks" or "Don't show me this again".
After clicking the option "I want to play" Max was taken to a UNIX UI simulation where he spent the next two weeks interacting with the program, and was finally asked to input his contact info.

Searching for a Career with Google?

Source: Photo from Google Career's Page

The Journey Didn't End There

Max continues,
"Much to my surprise, a recruiter emailed me a couple days later asking for a copy of my resume. I emailed it to him, and we set up a phone call."
After being contacted by the recruiter Max went through the traditional recruitment process and was soon offered a position.

This is one of the coolest recruitment methods I've ever heard of and thought it was worth sharing.

You can read the whole recount of Max's experience in his blog post, The Secret Google Interview That Landed Me A Job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?

Pirated "Sicko" surfaces on YouTube - Yahoo! News